Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My First post

I had a friend suggest I start a blog to help promote my business.  The problem is I'm not very good at writing.  I was the one in school that copied word from word from the encyclopedias when doing a report.  Yes, encyclopedias.  That's what we used before computers & could find info on-line.  Well I'm showing my age now. 

I have had many jobs but have always wanted my own business.  I was working as an Administrative Assistant at an elementary school before I opened Faithful Scrapper.  Faithful Scrapper had been a previous scrapbooking store.  I had been a customer & when they announced they were closing I was so sad.  I had enjoyed getting to know the girls that worked there & getting my friends together to crop.  We called it "therapy".  I did alot of praying & had family & friends praying as well about buying the store.  It was about a year process as they stayed open for a long time trying to clear out inventory.  God opened the door & the adventure began.  Leaving a job after 13 years was a major deal.  I feel like I'm flying by the seat of my pants but it sure is fun. 

I am hoping to use this blog to show ideas for scrapbooking.  It can be overwhelming if you are just starting to scrapbook.  I first started scrapbooking about 15 years ago when I met a Creative Memories consultant.  I had my first CM party & learned about acid free materials & how to preserve my memories.  I also learned it is ok to cut your pictures.  I didn't throw any away or would even think about cutting them.  I still had my negatives (again dating myself).  I loved decorating my pages & with each one getting more creative.  For beginners I would suggest starting with organizing your pictures by year.  Once you get them organized it is easier to put them on a page.  Well I hope this blog will help all types of scrapbookers.  I look forward to this part of my adventure.

4 comments:

  1. I am happy that you took the plunge! Am I the friend? If so I am honored to be your friend Amy! :) I can't wait to see the great things that are in store for Faithful Scrapper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you are the friend. Thanks for all your help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm a friend of Jenns and she's been telling us about the "new" scrap store. She's also excited to be teaching classes. I watch her live shows and have been enjoying her unique ideas and layouts. I wish you well in your new endeavor! God IS good and faithful. I pray He honors you as you have honored Him. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura, thank you so much. Jennifer has been a true God send.

    ReplyDelete